What's new
Your Hosting Talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between KVM VPS & OpenVz VPS

Fiddle?Pie said:
What is the difference between KVM VPS & OpenVz VPs, from where I can get one for the Windows system?
Only Linux operating systems are supported by OpenVZ. KVM, on the other hand, is more versatile and can run Linux, Windows, and custom operating systems.
OBHost provides both VPS at affordable rates with 24/7/365 professional support.

What is the difference between KVM VPS & OpenVz VPs, from where I can get one for the Windows system?

Hello Fiddle Pie,

In the last few years, virtualization has become a popular option for many companies to increase their ability and productivity while reducing infrastructure costs. There are multiple virtualization technologies available for companies to run their daily operations. However, it has become essential to consider the options before making a choice.

There are a lot of differences between OpenVZ and KVM VPS. However, I can assist you with what you should choose for your business. OpenVZ is container-based virtualization for Linux. OpenVZ is faster and uses less RAM than KVM. Therefore, OpenVZ is ideal for hosting control panels such as cPanel, Plesk, etc. However, OpenVZ doesn't support Windows and other operating systems. KVM is virtualization for Linux, but it supports Windows and other operating systems with the help of virtio drivers. KVM uses more RAM than OpenVZ but provides better isolation and performance.

You should consider a few things when deciding whether OpenVZ or KVM is the right virtualization technology for your VPS. First, if you need more isolation between your VPS and the other VPS on the same server, then KVM is probably a better choice. Second, if you need to run Windows on your VPS, then KVM is also a better choice. However, if you're looking for better performance and don't need as much isolation, then OpenVZ might be the right choice.

Ultimately, OpenVZ and KVM virtualization technologies are both excellent choices for a VPS, and it entirely depends on personal preferences and needs. Thus, I hope the information above helps you to understand and choose the best virtualization technique from OpenVZ and KVM for your VPS.

-----------------------------
Regards,
Rex_Maughan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back