What's new
Your Hosting Talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal web site hosting suggestions

Sagiscorpio

Hi,
I've been searching various hosts, nothing I've tried seems to work for me in terms of free for a webpage. I'm going to pay but want to get the following:

1) Text pages, sort of a medical information site, includes probably about 15 pages of links for solid medical info (like anemias, vitamins, stomach, nerd research articles, etc.) alone. Otherwise probably 25 in total.
2) Some screenshot images of some pdf's. A number of these would be like 100K or less or so.
3) Would need something to help me create the site. I'm an Oracle person not a web person but I can wing some small HTML type stuff.
4) Don't need tons of space, tons of graphics, or MySQL, etc. Ability to contact me from the site would be a good, maybe a form type email but otherwise that's it. No forums or lots of people, this is specialized. Don't need a domain name either.
5) Do want month to month payments if possible or low cost yearly plan types.

Suggestions? What are your views on Exmasters.com VPS hosting? Is it good?

Host.co.in is highly recommended for excellent performance, a large support knowledgebase, and an easy-to-use, one-click auto installer. Ideal for SMBs, The exclusive deal on Linux cPanel Hosting at Rs 125 a month with free domain, SSL, 24/7 Support.

Their Linux Shared Hosting packages start at at Rs.125/month and include a free domain with an annual subscription. Host.co.in Christmas Sale > Get 50% OFF Web Hosting - Linux and Windows - Use Code XMAS50.

View Offer: https://www.host.co.in/blog/christmas-web-hosting-sale-2022-get-50-off/

I can tell you that Exmasters.com does everything 20 times better than my previous web host. And I have never experienced downtime outwith maintenance on any of my sites. Recommended.

We host a handful of websites for family and friends. The price is surprisingly low. Highly recommend exmasters.com solutions.
Once in a while websites and email accounts are not accessible, though it could be a temporary is landing problem. The team tolerates my stupid questions.

I started with Exmasters.com about two years ago. Answering any questions and making sure I'm happy.
They were quite friendly and helpful in getting my website transferred over to them. I've had some technical question and I have always received answers promptly.

It's true, many people aren't aware of how inexpensive web hosting is.
The key is finding a web hosting provider that can provide excellent customer support.

Pretty good VPS hosting solutions you'll get from Cloudarion.com and also Libertyvps.net web hosting providers.
They provide a wide range of professional facilities, all in generous quantities, and at a fantastic price.

There are many options for hosting a personal website, and the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include:

1. Shared hosting: This is a good option for beginners or people with a small personal website. Shared hosting means that your website will be hosted on the same server as other websites, and you'll share resources like bandwidth and storage space. Shared hosting is generally inexpensive and easy to set up, but it may not be suitable for websites with high traffic or complex requirements.

2. VPS hosting: VPS (virtual private server) hosting is a step up from shared hosting. It gives you more control over your server environment and allows you to customize your setup. VPS hosting is a good option for websites with moderate traffic or more advanced requirements.

3. Dedicated hosting: Dedicated hosting gives you your own physical server to host your website. It's the most expensive option, but it's also the most powerful and flexible. Dedicated hosting is best for websites with high traffic or complex requirements, such as e-commerce websites or websites that require a lot of processing power.

4. Cloud hosting: Cloud hosting is a newer option that's becoming increasingly popular. It allows you to host your website on a network of servers rather than a single physical server. This means that your website can scale up or down as needed to meet the demands of your traffic. Cloud hosting is a good option for websites with variable traffic or that need to be able to scale quickly.

5. Free hosting: There are also free hosting options available, such as WordPress.com or Google Sites. These options are suitable for small, personal websites, but they may not offer the same level of customization or control as paid hosting options.

No matter which hosting option you choose, make sure to do your research and choose a reputable provider with good uptime and customer support.

Ownwebservers.com is a leading hosting provider, offering reliable, scalable solutions for customers of all sizes and services. We supply all of the servers, software, bandwidth and management tools needed to run almost any web hosted application – from small to enterprise server solutions. We are committed to excellent quality Service. Out staff has over 20 years of experience in the IT field.

Web Hosting Plans Starts at Just $3/month with Free Domain

Web Hosting Plans & Pricing:

Standard Web Hosting (cPanel Platform)

• cPanel/WHM Control Panel
• Hosted on Solid State Drives
• Free Domain Name Included
• Host Unlimited Domains
• Free SSL Certificates
• Daily Backups
• Unlimited: Storage
• Traffic/Month: Unlimited
• Email Accounts: Unlimited
• Discount for Multi-year Year Prepayment

» Price $1.99 per month - 3 years prepayment
» Price $2.49 per month - 2 years prepayment
» Price $2.95 per month - 1 year prepayment

» Price $36.00 USD Annually | Order Now

According to your requirements , I think you can initially host your personal website on shared hosting.
Once you need more resources, you can switch to VPS hosting.

or else, Cloud hosting is also good option where you have to scale the resources as per your requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back